Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let's read William Golding's LORD OF THE FLIES: Intro

I have never read Lord of the Flies before, not even in school.

I was actually intending on reading this while I was out in the woods with Outward Bound (funnily enough), but I wasn't allowed to take the book with me since I won't have the time to read.

All I know about this story is that a bunch of schoolboys crash-land on a deserted island, and end up forming their own little disturbing society. There are no girls, and this severely upsets a friend of mine, who apparently would rather have a flat useless token girl who died on the plane than no girls at all.

I am imagining a utopia/dystopia-type story that explores the nature of a small, new, isolated society, and the effects an anarchistic lifestyle can have on it.

So here goes.

~*~

Ah, yes! What exactly is a Let's Read?

It's an idea I got from Let's Play videos on youtube, in which the makers of the videos play a videogame and reflect on it. It is the same deal here, except that I will be reflecting on the book as I finish each chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment